You need at least 1 Gentle cleanser in your skincare inventory.
They are a must-have for everyone! Cleansers that are gentle will not strip your skin of needed oils (sebum) and will not agitate the skin. Of course, certain cleansers that are on the market are directed towards clients with very specific needs eg acne, dry, and normal skin types. However, you can’t go wrong with a gentle cleanser.
Here’s 3 reason for why you need a gentle cleanser
- If you break out or notice redness in the skin, a gentle cleanser can do the job without causing irritation
- You can use your regular prescribed or cult favorite cleanser, but for the days you don’t wear makeup or need a nice rinse (without the drying effect) it comes in handy
- You don’t have to ever worry with most gentle cleansers causing any issues unless you have very specific concerns, allergies, and prescriptions that won’t get along with a certain ingredient.
Here are some of the best cleansers of 2020!
- Gentle, non-irritating
- Soap-free facial cleanser
- Oil-free face wash
- PH balanced formula
- PH balanced formula
Texture: Gel Formula
- no artificial fragrances and colors
- Certified cruelty-free by Leaping Bunny and PETA
Why YOU need to choose the right cleanser
When choosing a cleanser especially for the face, keep in mind, it should always work for sensitive skin! Why? Because, 60-70% of people have sensitive skin (Farage, 2019)! In other words, if a large percentage of people have this concern and a cleanser can aid in part of their healing, that cleanser should be able to help almost any skin issue with any concerns, as a result, this opinion can be varied for people with very specific concerns.
As a licensed esthetician, I know for me and my previous clients and many consultations, this little piece of wisdom has helped many people. For instance, I must state that if you have a specific concern that is more than a tad sensitive skin (cystic acne, rosacea eg) you should see a professional skin therapist in person or see a dermatologist. Ask if you can use a gentle cleanser once a day as well as their prescribed cleanser.
Remember, there is no one-way skincare solution, ever. Each person has their own needs and their own treatment plans.
We hope you can find the best solution for you and if you have found it, please leave a comment below! If we didn’t mention a product you think others should know of, please share it with the community in the comment section below!
Disclaimer: This is NOT a sponsored post. All opinions expressed are my own. Some links I share are affiliate links, which means I earn a small commission if you make a purchase through them. If you choose to use them, thank you! Any PR samples or gifts are marked with a (*).